Thursday, August 21, 2014

Turnabout is fair play

I wonder if God smiles when we give advice to someone and then days later those very words come back to haunt us.  A recent conversation with a friend via text/email highlighted this possibility for me.  We have been friends for ages, and many times we both have been compelled to remind the other of the advice we were given, especially when one of us is complaining about a situation, stressed out, or just being difficult.  Apparently I follow this pattern quiet diligently, as a recent conversation shows.  I was wrestling with a situation and she was trying to be the voice of reason with these words,

". . . please put all of this in God's hands . . . easier said than done I know and I also know that this will be used against me some day soon."



I guess I have good follow-through?  :-)  As soon as I read it, I smiled.  She knows me so well.  Both in the reminder of trusting God and her expectation that I nudge her in the right direction when she needs it.  We all need someone like that in our life.  I think that God loves those moments when us humans cooperate and allow God to use us in the world. 


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."  ~Philippians 4:6-7

I agree, this is easier said than done, but it is worth the effort.  How else are we to know God's will unless we spend time listening to God?  

Prayer - Lord, thank you for this opportunity to trust in your plan.  Help me to let go of my worry and doubt.  Thank you for those in my life who help me practice this.  May You bless them abundantly.  

      

No comments: