Sunday, August 04, 2013

18th Sunday in Ordinary Time

http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080413.cfm

Good readings today.  We are reminded that things of this world are fleeting.  I had this crazy urge to go home and purge.  What is all of this 'stuff' in our life?  Why do we keep it?  It could be physical possessions, emotional baggage, negative thoughts, etc.  What can you de-clutter in your life?  When I think of trying to control my 'stuff', it seems overwhelming.  Today's readings remind us that we have priorities, and stuff isn't first!  Take a moment to think - what can I decrease?  By removing some 'stuff', you add peace to your life.  Less things to dust, less to obsess about, less to control your life.

Prayer - Today, help me to let go of my stuff.  Help me see one thing that I need to remove from my life, and give me the courage to just do it!  Your grace is enough.

No comments: