Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Of the types of prayer (adoration, thanksgiving, petition, intercession) - thanksgiving seems to be the least used.  I admit, I am used to asking for what I want  (petition) A LOT!  I do okay with praying for others' or for their requests (intercession), and I even manage a few  "God is Great!" (adoration) prayers now and then.  But how often are we thankful for what we have?  I don't express this nearly as much as I should; I take many things for granted.  And how often are we thankful for the obstacles, difficulties, and frustrations in life?   Ummmm - no thank you!?  Express gratefulness for the things that drive me crazy?  Well - yes.  Because it is in the challenges (even the small ones) where we grow closer to God.

Today I am thankful for a good night's sleep, the anticipation of a new school year, and the desire to write.

Prayer - Lord, I talk to you a lot, but it's usually to demand this or change that.  There are many ways to pray, and I tend to forget to use prayers of adoration, intercession, and thanksgiving.  Help my stumbling, and grant me the words to express my gratefulness for the abundant blessings in my life.  

No comments: