Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday 8-22

Today I want to be especially mindful of the relationships I have.  I have known so many people, and continue to meet new ones.  I have been influenced, changed, challenged, frustrated supported, and loved by my relationships.  I think how much colder and empty my life would be without the chaos that can be relationships.  I used to think solitary-ness was much better, and yes, I am an introvert who needs quiet time, but my life is so much richer with these people in my life.  I am reminded that we are 'companions on the journey', and this journey is not meant to be a solitary one.  At the very least, God is my constant companion, both as God and through those in my life.

Prayer - God - thank you for Your unfailing presence.  May I always see You in others, in Your creation, and in me.  I am grateful for the companions with whom You have blessed me; may I not take them or You for granted.

No comments: