Thursday, October 20, 2011

I love you, Lord, my strength

http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102311.cfm

Tonight's bible study was a fruitful one - we study the readings for the coming Sunday - and I made a connection tonight that I hadn't found before. I love it when things like that happen - when I am either finally open or willing to see the next layer or deeper meaning.

The Gospel was the question about which is the greatest commandment, and you know how that plays out. However the commentary we studied showed how the greatest comandment and the second are connected: We love God when we love our neighbor, realizing that the strength to do so comes from allowing God to love us. What a lovely circle; the more I embrace God's love of me, the more I can share this love with my neighbors, the more I glorify my God, and so on.



No comments: