Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Something new . . .



I don't know why it's taken me so long to post about music.  Music is a major part of my life, and it is how I most easily communicate with God.  Whether I am angry or frustrated or joyful or excited, there's a song that fits.  This one is a good reminder that it is not on our own merits that we are saved.  And thank goodness for that!

Romans 5:8 states, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  So, in God's eyes, we are free.  Free to make decisions, both good and bad, but also free from the chains and the bonds of sin!

I love how this song invites us to stop dwelling on the past mistakes.  Every day that we say 'Yes' to God, we get another chance to start anew.  Our God is a God of second chances.

No comments: