Sunday, March 03, 2013

Year of Faith

Reflection from my Magnificat -
"For those serious about living by faith, conversion is something that must re-happen every day.  We cannot live off the faith we had yesterday.  Conversion means being willing to face the worst about ourselves.  '. . . conversion involves the transformation of all our fragmented experiences, all our disjointed and painful memories, all our divisive and frustrating moments of unachieved hopes, yearnings and dreams, as well as our failures and loss of self-esteem or sense of worth resulting from the destructive power of evil.' (M. Gaudoin-Parker).  ~ Rev. Peter John Cameron

What a blessing that each day we can start fresh.  When I have a bad day, hurtful thoughts, snappy reply, or negative attitude, it doesn't need to define me.  I can start over.  It is the same with my conversion.  Every day I have the opportunity to re-commit to my faith.  Some days will be easier than others, for sure.  But this is what is so amazing about the Catholic faith - we get to participate in our salvation.  God loves us so much, we have free will, and we can choose good or evil.  Rather than pulling us along as though we were mindless simpletons, we have a choice each and every day; a choice to acknowledge our shortcomings and embrace God's love.  The offer is on the table - how did you respond today?

No comments: