Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thankful Thursday - One day more

Today is my niece's birthday, and she's celebrating it in Heaven. She would be 23 years old. I think one of the best gifts she ever gave me was her example of fully living in the moment. I think of her and am reminded how I want to live my days to the fullest.

I sometimes wonder, when I think about her and my other beloved dead, especially those who died suddenly, if they would have lived differently, had they known when their lives were ending.  None of us have a crystal ball, nor should we, in my opinion.   Yet, it is incumbent upon us to live our lives in such a way that we have no fear of death.  

Jesus lived that way.  He knew what was to come, still went forward. Into the pain and suffering willingly. If we knew what tomorrow held, would we still embrace it, bumps and all? Or are we too busy thinking about what could happen, so we forget to live in the present? Or conversely we focus on what didn't go the way we wanted, and we are mired in the past, failing to live fully? Ultimately, we have one true call, to live now, loving and serving God and our neighbor.

 How will you live that call?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks-needed that today. And you are so right about Tasha-she lived fully in the moment!