Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Thankful Thursday - both and

Again - time has slipped away.  Rather than bemoan that fact, I want to revel in what that has meant for me.  It’s been 7 months since I uprooted my life.  It seems like I’ve lived and worked here for years.  At the same time, the friendships and relationships I’ve left behind are missed and I feel the loss deeply.  But that is life.  Either or.  Both choices may be good, but you can only choose one.  I know, sometimes you get lucky and it’s not an either or, it’s a both and.  I do find that to be true, too.  Moving here has allowed me to combine my job with my faith.  I cannot begin to describe my gratitude for this opportunity.  


Yes, there are bumps and snags.  No, not every day is great, grand and glorious in my eyes.  I still struggle with good choices and a positive attitude and living for God.  I have a feeling those are permanent circumstances.  But, if I immerse myself the opportunities present, I know I am on the right path.  Both and wins, as do I.  

Prayer - Lord, thank you for the days when I struggle, as they remind me to lean on You.  Thank you for the times I feel out of control, as I learn that You control all.  Thank you for the moments when I despair, as You give me hope and grace when I cling to You.  May I always come to You first, for in You I am helped.

No comments: