Sunday, March 11, 2018

Chasing joy

Daylight Savings Time- my favorite time of year (major sarcasm).  Losing an hour of sleep is not on my list of good ideas.  I have enough struggles with distractions and temptations on my own; I do not need an outside source robbing my of my sleep!

Pardon my mini-tantrum, I'm short on sleep . . . ha ha.

They can take away my sleep, but I shouldn't also give away my joy.





I know, it's hard to be joyful when your biological schedule is messed up, especially for those professed night-owls (ahem - me) who struggle with mornings, let alone mornings that begin even sooner!  Yet, I can still have joy.  I might have to create it or search harder to see it, but it is definitely possible.  So why on earth would I allow something so ordinary as Daylight Savings Time remove my joy?  It is choice, and I can choose to embrace joy or I can wallow in my frustration over something that is most definitely not in my control.

Maybe your roadblock isn't your sleep schedule.  Maybe it's a co-worker or a family member, or a temptation or a distraction that steals your joy.  Perhaps you have choices that can bring that joy back, or it could be beyond your control.  Either way, I suggest striving for joy.  It's sometimes the only part you can control, but it is a very important part.
Joy and Peace. Rejoice[a] in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness[b] should be known to all. The Lord is near.Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-7 NABRE
Prayer:  Lord, open my eyes to the joy in my life.  Help me to see through Your eyes how even simple things can bring joy.  I desire to live with joy; grant me the opportunities to bring joy to others, which will also bring joy to me.  Amen.

No comments: