Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thankful Thursday 9/18/14 - The Farm

This week has been full of good things.  Friday is the 6 yr anniversary of my parents move off of the  farm.  It is bittersweet; I miss the open space and the inherent simplicity, but I am also thankful for the change.  I appreciate that my parents are closer now and it is feasible to visit more often.  They have more support with one of my siblings living in the same town, which is a comfort as well.



 


Doesn't make me miss the farm less, but it reminds me of what really matters - the people I love.  Location is just geography.  I used to think that I had to have a specific house or live in a certain community in order to feel like home.  Rather, I have learned that home is where the people I love live.  Much like Ruth to her mother-in-law, Naomi, when Naomi urged her to leave.  Ruth replied,
"Wherever you go I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge.  Your people shall be my people and your God, my God.  Where you die I will die, and there be buried."  Ruth 1:16b-17a
My prayer is that I appreciate the memories, but cling to relationships, especially my relationship with God.    

No comments: