Thursday, November 06, 2008

Second Chances

Isn't it great that we have second chances?  Not only do we get to have a fresh start whenever we want, we are encouraged to do so!  I used to have this idea that if I tried something and didn't succeed, then I failed.  No opportunity for redemption, do not pass go, game over.  Talk about pressure!  Not only would that put me in a no-win situation, but why would I ever want to try anything new?  Especially with such a strong incentive to stick with the 'status quo'.  It was intimidating.  But I realized that I should really think of my attempts as stepping stones.  If I don't get something completely right the first time, I've still learned from the experience.  At the very least, I know what doesn't work!  But more importantly, I have improved my knowledge and now have experience I can use to reach my goal.  So even with a minor (or major) detour, I can still move forward.  

No comments: