Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Small blessings

I can't see things getting much better right now.  Tonight is a perfect Advent evening.  Mr. J and I are hanging out, and he once again reminds me that the simple things are enough.  He is currently asleep on my lap, Christmas music is playing, and the only light is the Christmas tree.  When did life get so complicated and busy?  It takes the eyes of a child to really see. 

[Interrupt for a doorbell that woke the sleeping baby :(]

After the rude awakening, we managed some snuggles, but Mr. J has since left and I am free to type with both hands.  As I was holding him, my thinking varied between enjoyment and reverence to mental to-do lists and plans of attack for said list.  I did wonder why the 'stuff' mattered so much?  Yes, I have things to do and places to be, but none of them are more important than taking a moment to give thanks to God for such a blessing as tonight.  

Prayer - Lord, thank you for the simple blessings.  Help me to recognize and appreciate them when they happen.

No comments: