Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Change

You know the saying. nothing is certain except change. But why does it have to be so difficult?

Sometimes change is a good thing. It may be something that we have decided we want to achieve, a goal on which we have set our eyes.

Sometimes it is very painful, sad, or life-changing.  But it seems like the times when the change is out of our control, that we are the most impacted. 


And as many ways as there are to bemoan the fact of change, there are cliches to express the positive side of change. "Every cloud has a silver lining" or, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"  (Thank you, Kelly Clarkson).

I guess it really just comes down to attitude.  While I may not be able to control change, I can control my response to change.  Let's hope change catches me on a good day :-)

Lord, help me to trust in Your Wisdom when it comes to changes in my life.  Sometimes I'm all excited for the adventure, and other times I just want to go hide under the covers.  Give me the strength to approach life with faith, that I may see change as an opportunity to grow in some way.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity


to accept the things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;


Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world


as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting that He will make all things right


if I surrender to His Will;


That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him


Forever in the next.


Amen.


--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: