Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday 11/28 - the ultimate day of thanks

What do you say on the day that is designated for giving thanks?  There are so many things for which I am grateful, and so many ways to express that gratitude.

First and foremost, I hope that my life reflects a message of love.  I know that I am not a loving example every moment of every day, but I'm working on that.  I am thankful for the amazing blessings in my life, and I wish to radiate that.  Some days are easier than others.  But I am striving to reflect my favorite verse:
"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." ~Psalm 34:1

On this day of giving thanks, I am overwhelmed by the gifts in my life.  I know it could all change, and so I have a deeper awareness of appreciating this moment right now!

For my family, friends, mentors, co-workers, confidants; basically everyone who is in my life.  Thank you for your support, love, guidance, direction, help, and friendship.  Thank you for your witness to me.
"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus." ~1 Corinthians 1:4
 "How can we thank God enough for you and for the joy and delight you have given us?" ~ 1 Thessalonians 3:9
 "This service that you perform is . . .overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." ~2 Corinthians 9:12
 "... I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you ..." ~ Romans 1:8
 And so, today especially, I pray this blessing right now for you:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."  ~Numbers 6:24-26
 

No comments: