Saturday, May 03, 2014

God's timing

I was playing for Mass, and it was a great celebration.  One song, in particular, stood out:  'Christ In Me Arise' by Trevor Thompson.  The refrain goes like this:
Christ in me arise and dispel all the darkness.  Christ in me arise with your power and your strength. Christ in me pour out your blessing and healing.  Christ in me arise and I shall rise with you.
This is a beautiful song, and has a great message.  What made it stand out for me was the fact that as I'm playing piano, the sun is shining directly on me.  We're talking right-in-the-eyes-blinding-sun.  It was great!  No, I'm not talking gibberish.  I loved that while I was singing/playing 'dispel all the darkness,' the sun was shining the brightest.  I was living the song, experiencing it, and singing like I meant it.

Good stuff.

Question:  Is my participation at Mass habitual or engaged?  Take some time to think about what you are actually saying/singing.

No comments: