Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The End . . .

. . . of 2014, that is.  Couldn't let the year end without one last post.  This week hasn't been stellar for me.  I'm ringing in the new year with a nasty cold, likely sinus infection, and I've been home sick all week.  Plus I had an emergency trip to the dentist when I cracked a tooth over the weekend.  Not to mention the last-minute details for my trip (hope I'm recovered by then!).  Yuck!  2015 has to be an improvement, right?  It's been very easy to pity myself, but I want to end this year with gratitude and start the new year with an improved attitude.

I have been beyond blessed in 2014, and I am eternally grateful to God for the graces of this year.  I can't possibly compile a list to encompass everything that happened in this year.  Therefore, I would like to share several verses that have spoken to me during tough times, the happy times, and everything in between.


"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you - oracle of the Lord - plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope." 
~Jeremiah 29:11

"Entrust your works to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."  
~Proverbs 16:3

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."  
~1 Peter 4:8

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."  
~Philippians 4:6-7

"I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.  All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you."  
~Psalms 38:8-9


And thus we end this year and venture into another one.  Blessings to you in 2015!  May you know joy and peace in the new year.  May God's graces continue to shower upon you as we all journey to Heaven. 

With much love,
Dianne

  "So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love."  
~1 Corinthians 13:13  


No comments: