Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Bascilica in Rome

http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110914.cfm 

Sunday was a great day for memories.  As we celebrated the Feast of the Bascilica in Rome - St. John in Lateran, I was reminded of my first pilgrimage.  It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since we went to Rome.  St. John's was incredible; huge and glorious.  What an experience!


There is so much more to this church, but I am not the best teacher.  Time has dimmed some of my details.  What I do know is that our Catholic faith has a beautiful history, as well as a wonderful same-ness no matter where you are.  It is that connection that unites us, both near and far.  Ultimately, with the celebration of such a glorious place, my heart is happy.  I'm happy to have had the opportunity to go there.  I'm happy that we have such a rich heritage in our faith.  I'm happy that we have a universal church that is diverse and similar, near and far, many and one.  I'm proud to claim a connection to this place via my Catholic faith.

No comments: