Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gratitude

I just participated in an awesome celebration of thanksgiving, and I marvel at the blessings I have received.  Tonight we celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the Catholic Newman Center at UNK (give or take a few years).  We started our evening with Mass.  It was a spirit-filled time, and while I may be rather biased, there was a lot of  joyful noise happening, and it sounded great!  The entire liturgy was as if time stood still.  I was blown away by the participation of everyone present.  I mentioned this to one of the students, and she reminded me that these people wanted to be there, so they were willing to participate.  Good point.  We followed our Eucharistic Meal with a delicious meal and great conversation.  People spoke about the past, present, and future of the Newman Center, and it was all exciting.  The atmosphere was charged and alive - the Spirit was a-movin'!

Prayer - Lord, thank you for those moments of awareness when I feel Heaven.  While I know that faith is more than emotions, these glimpses of the Eternal Now just make me even more excited to live for You!  Help me to keep on course, especially when I don't 'feel' like it.

No comments: