Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday 8/14/14

I'm late in posting this, but it's never to late to be grateful, so here goes.  It has been a crazy week at work with all of the rain, and we're getting ready for the start of a new semester at UNK, so life does not have a dull moment right now!  I generally keep pretty busy anyway, but I think I reached capacity this past week.  When I get that busy, I get distracted (read a post on it here) and I seem to let the important things get pushed to the side for the supposed sake of my sanity.

Problem is, my sanity requires things like silence, meditation, and time to just be.  That's where my thankfulness comes in.  If I'm so busy that I won't have a moment to appreciate the beauty of a rainbow or the wave of a neighbor or a flower in my garden, my life isn't going in the right direction.  This past week was a challenge, and I failed several times in my attitude and behavior, but I also stopped to notice the gifts in my life.  So, today I am thankful for an awesome faith community, for the desire to grow as a person spiritually and mentally, for the ability to keep in touch with family and friends, my amazing co-workers, and the start of a new week.

Prayer - Lord, help me grow in awareness of the many blessings in my life.  May I not take them granted.

No comments: