Friday, January 02, 2015

Day 2

Day 2: Jan 12, Arrive Tel Aviv
Arrival in Tel Aviv, you will be met by the 206 Tours representative and transfer to your hotel in the Tel Aviv area. Dinner will be served at the hotel.
 
I'm not really sure when day 1 ended and day 2 began.  It's one of those blurring of lines thanks to time zones, 'sleeping' on a plane, and irregular schedules.  I'm writing this, when I should be sleeping, but that just wasn't in the cards.  I can't even blame excitement for keeping me awake (although it's certainly going to have to keep me awake the rest of today!).  About two hours after officially attempting sleep, I heard chanting.  In Hebrew (I assumed, as I am not versed in the language).  So, a new experience - witnessing the prayer of a group of men that I presume to be rabbis.  I had absolutely no idea what they were saying, but it sounded pretty official.  And their garb was a pretty good indication of their role.  Guess I can check that one off the bucket list :-)  Yay for being a light sleeper (tongue-in-cheek).  

On a better note, I had a wonderful seatmate, and we conversed on almost every topic possible, and a few we might have made up.  It was a good combination of humor, philosphy, and cynicism.  And, in case he reads this, I think he was God's messenger.  Sometimes it just takes the perspective of someone without any bias to get to the heart of the matter.  So, thank you.  For making me laugh, and for being a conduit of God's message.  I guess it just goes to show that you never know how or when God can use you.  

We hit a few times of turbulence, which I was attempting to sleep, We had earlier joked about Jesus being on the plane, because there was a man who fit the typical appearance of Jesus.  My seatmate thought our flight should be smooth because God wouldn't strike down a plane with Jesus on board.  I suggested that we could experience a raging storm, and Jesus would likely sleep through it, just like in the boat on the Sea of Galilee.  So, any time we had some bumps, I would smile and think, "It's okay, Jesus is on board."  How true it is.   

No comments: