Sunday, January 25, 2015

Life

Back home.  I didn't want to leave Israel, but I'm glad to be home.  Today, in particular, I am aware of my blessings.  I have so many gifts, for which I am grateful.  My faith, family, and friends top the list.  In today's Gospel, Jesus calls the disciples, and I immediately was transported to the Church of St. Peter's Primacy, along the shore of the Sea of Galilee.  I can hear the waves lap the shore, and I can imagine how Jesus might have seen things.  Wow.

On this day of my birth, I am in awe of the gift of life.  What a blessing we are given, to do with as we will.  We can spend it any way we want.  I'd like to think that while I'm still learning and growing, I'm emphasizing God over self.  I pray that I can continue to hold on to this desire, long after the excitement of my pilgrimage fades, which I suppose it will at some point.

Thank you, God, for giving me life.  May I continue to honor You, first and foremost in my life.

No comments: